Hi, my name is Ikraam. I am an Electronic engineer and full-stack Ruby on Rails developer.
I've worn many hats in my career in the spaces of education and technology. Although I am a proud jack of all trades, my experiences have led me to dive into software development, where I believe I can make the most impact.
Coming from an electronic engineering degree, I have been fortunate to have an all-rounded technological prowess and a knack for applying technology effectively in real-world scenarios. This ability was one of the most highlighted skills coming from my senior peers. The second of which was the ability to work productively with anyone in a team.
My motivation lies in creating value which revolves around my core-beliefs of:
- Consistent Growth - This starts with being open to learning from any source or person.
- Embracing Challenges - We can best learn by accepting things as they are and then working from there.
- Freedom - Giving myself and others the space to be; with respect, tolerance and understanding.
The following are some of my defining traits:
- Sharing new pieces of information or experiences that I find profound excites me, which have lead to the enjoyment of teaching/facilitating classes as well as writing about my learnings.
- I connect best with others over an activity, whether that is a road-trip or braai-ing (barbeques); in any space that allows for one-on-one conversations.
- Creating space in my day is essential as it creates an opportunity to reflect, explore new ideas and improve all areas of my life.
- I have a strong drive to be independent and much of my motivation to work today comes from the idea that I am creating long term value, of which the returns are space, freedom and choice.
- I love multi-day hikes; my yearly adventure is always the highlight (this is where the hero-image above stems from).
If you believe I will be a great fit for your team (and project), please reach out, and I will get back to you in a flash.
- Ruby / Rails
- HTML / (S)CSS
A comprehensive story sharing site that is built-in RoR.
A Ruby Telegram bot built as a gratitude journal and reminder platform.
A social media concept for matching people who enjoy outside adventures together. Built in HTML and SCSS.
A single page weather serach site uses the weatherapi.com API
A friendship based social media clone built in Ruby on Rails
Resume and SkillsDownload Resume
Technical Skills Overview:
Ruby Rails RSpec SQL
Git Heroku Linux VS Code TDD
Partial experience with:
MATLAB Arduino-C VHDL PIC-Assembly Python
Circuit-design Micro-controllers CMOS-design Solar power design
If you would like me to work on your next project with you and your team or would like to have a chat then please let me know via email, or any of the social links below: